Mass Communication M.Sc
At Glorious Vision University, we believe that the postgraduate training should offer a critical platform for advanced and quality formation in media and communication education for the overall intellectual and professional excellence of the graduates. Therefore, the M. Sc. in Mass Communication at GVU is premised on the belief that Mass Communication should be the tool for popular enlightenment and social transformation. This is to be achieved by providing advanced media instruction and pursuit of high quality media research, training and professional excellence. Consequently, the postgraduate programme in Mass Communication is to be the centre of quality media education, training and research that can produce high calibre of media graduates who are well equipped to man the media industry, both in the print, the electronic media, as well as adjuncts, such as advertising and public relations with knowledge, skill, innovation, and good values.
- The Department admits for the Masters degree programme, candidates who satisfy the matriculation requirements of the University, including English Language.
- Candidates with Bachelors degree in Mass Communication from an approved university.
- Candidates with a minimum of second class lower level in relevant disciplines.
- Candidates with a postgraduate diploma in Mass Communication from a recognised/accredited university shall be considered.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
- The Masters degree programme is expected to last for a minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters for full-time students; a minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters for part-time students.
- For extension beyond the specified maximum period, a special permission of the Board of Postgraduate School is required.