Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication
At Glorious Vision University, we believe that the postgraduate training should offer a critical platform for advanced and quality formation in media and communication education for the overall intellectual and professional excellence of the graduates. Therefore, the M.Sc in Mass Communication at GVU is premised on the belief that Mass Communication should be the tool for popular enlightenment and social transformation. This is to be achieved by providing advanced media instruction and pursuit of high quality media research, training and professional excellence. Consequently, the postgraduate programme in Mass Communication is to be the centre of quality media education, training and research that can produce high calibre of media graduates who are well equipped to man the media industry, both in the print, the electronic media, as well as adjuncts, such as advertising and public relations with knowledge, skill, innovation, and good values.
Admission into the Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication is based, among others, on the following criteria:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree of not below Second Class Lower division in the discipline other than Journalism or Mass Communication from an accredited University
- Take and pass the admission qualifying test conducted by the Department
- Some years of professional media experience in the print and/or the electronic media will be an added advantage.
The programme may also be open to candidates with:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) pass at the Credit level in any discipline
- First degree in Mass Communication that is below Second Class level
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The PGD programme is expected to last for a minimum of two semesters for full-time students and four semesters for part-time students.